About this session
How to change the world through procurement by unlocking 'social' procurement programmes
It's all well and good to talk about 'social procurement work' yet it is another thing altogether to successfully implement.
In the COVID Recovery how will we ensure that procurement is at the forefront? How can your organisation buy the goods and services it needs, at market price whilst also reducing long term unemployment as we head towards the Job Keeper cliff?
How do we help suppliers create and sustain meaningful real jobs for those stood-down, unemployed or from disadvantaged employment segments after the jobkeeper programme ends 27th September - or the jobkeeper supplement ends a month later?
Learn how social procurement leaders in this field changed in order to make social procurement work in their organisations and exactly how it is possible to both protect and create jobs in your supply chains working more proactively with your supplier base. This PASA Connect roundtable session will explore, amongst other questions;
• What exactly social procurement and social impact is, and how it can be measured by professional buyers?
• How it markedly differs from other aspects of sustainable procurement activity?
• What best practice looks like today ... and how others have implemented - Case Studies that have dramatically succeeded in the recent past
• Some tips on how to achieve this in your organisation ....
• The particular new challenges presented post Covid-19 and how to start addressing them for better outcomes for all
Your expert facilitator
Mark Daniels is the Executive Director of SOCIAL TRADERS based in Melbourne, he is one of the country's leading authorities in social procurement and has been instrumental in defining its contribution through both public & private sector exemplar projects over the last few years. Social Traders marketplace has created thousands of real jobs for disadvantaged job seekers by helping corporate and government clients to build social enterprises into their supply chains.
|Download Presentation Slides|
|Keywords||economic development, Social Procurement, Sustainable procurement|
|Topic / Interest||Establishing a Social Procurement Framework, How can Procurement Build Trust with Key Stakeholders|
|Type||Agendas, Virtual Round-table Recording|