Buying and Managing Engineering Services (virtual)
Suggested by members, this round-table on buying and managing engineering services will specifically address relevant issues raised by members in advance of the session.
When registering, please take the time to think about and submit what issues you would like to explore during the session, so that we can include in the agenda.
Issues discussed at previous session included:
- Establishing "buy-in" with Engineers and internal experts in a highly regulated space
- Category management - do we start micro or macro?
- What are appropriate category metrics & targets? EG spend under management, savings, etc.
- To what extent is contractor performance management used to drive continuous improvement in a market with many suppliers?
- Challenge: The topic of this Round Table - Implementing a best practice engagement model - an overview what this may look like will be valuable.
- Balancing quality services with supplier consolidation
- How to simplify the process
- Dealing with OEM's and difficult suppliers
- Understanding the technicalities of the scope.
- Performance Incentives
- Building a collaborative culture
- Specifying engineering service requirements
- Benchmarking costs
Please note the time of this Round Table is 1.00pm to 2.30pm AEDT